Close Menu
Straightnews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ‘‘Chidimma Must Go Campaign’’ South African protesters Renew Afrophobic Attack

    August 21, 2026 --- 5:03 pm

    FG Donates 27,000 gas cylinders to Akwa Ibom rural women

    August 21, 2026 --- 4:47 pm

    Christ Embassy Unveils Electric Vehicles

    August 21, 2026 --- 4:30 pm
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • ‘‘Chidimma Must Go Campaign’’ South African protesters Renew Afrophobic Attack
    • FG Donates 27,000 gas cylinders to Akwa Ibom rural women
    • Christ Embassy Unveils Electric Vehicles
    • 2027: Gov Adeleke, Davido Diverge over Support for Tinubu  
    • Nigerian Navy Rescues 22 Sea pirate Victims in Akwa Ibom
    • After 17.8% revenue jump, FG, states, LGs share N3.007trn for July 
    • Four Suspects in Akwa Ibom Police Custody for Murder and Kidnapping
    • Afrophobia: FG Evacuates another 83 Nigerians from South Africa
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Straightnews
    • Home
    • About Us
      • About StraightNews
      • Our Philosophy
      • Editorial Board
    • News
      • Nationwide News
      • Community News
      • Regional News
        • North Central
        • North East
        • North West
        • South East
        • South South
        • South West
    • Nigeria
      • Politics
      • Economy
      • Education
      • Security
      • Energy
      • Agriculture
      • Health
      • Labour
      • Environment
      • Technology
      • Real Estate
      • Transportation
      • Judiciary
      • Electricity
    • Foreign
      • Africa
        • West Africa
        • South Africa
        • North Africa
        • East Africa
      • America
      • Asia
      • Europe
    • Social
      • Photo Gallery
      • Entertainment
      • Events
      • Fashion
      • Fitness
      • Short Stories
      • Lifestyle
      • Relationship
      • Travel
      • Specials
        • Personality Interview
        • Special Reports
        • Profile
    • Articles
      • Editorial
      • Opinion
      • Essay
    • Contact Us
    • Sports
    Straightnews
    Home»Foreign»America»US Pledges To Hold Killers of Journalist Khashoggi Accountable
    America

    US Pledges To Hold Killers of Journalist Khashoggi Accountable

    straightnewsng.comBy straightnewsng.comNovember 11, 2018 --- 11:49 pmNo Comments2 Mins Read
    WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Jamal Khashoggi
    Jamal Khashoggi
    Share
    WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The US will hold accountable all involved in the killing of a dissident Saudi journalist in a wide-ranging telephone call that also took in the conflict in Yemen, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Sunday.

    Jamal Khashoggi, a US resident, was murdered in Saudi Arabia’s consulate in Istanbul on October 2 and the crown prince has been accused of orchestrating the killing, which has strained the decades-old alliance between Washington and Riyadh.

    “The Secretary emphasised that the United States will hold all of those involved in the killing of Jamal Khashoggi accountable, and that Saudi Arabia must do the same,” spokeswoman Heather Nauert said in a statement.

    The top US diplomat has previously said Khashoggi’s killing “violates the norms of international law,” and that the US was reviewing possible sanctions on individuals identified as having been involved.

    But Pompeo and Trump have also both emphasized America’s important commercial, strategic and national security relationships with the petro-state.

    Khashoggi, a columnist for the Washington Post, was critical of Prince Mohammed and the country’s intervention in Yemen, a conflict which also came up during the call, said Nauert.

    Pompeo “reiterated the United States’ calls for a cessation of hostilities and for all parties to come to the table to negotiate a peaceful solution to the conflict,” she said.

    Pompeo has previously called for an end to hostilities in the rebel-infested Arab state, emphasizing the need for the Saudi-led coalition to halt strikes in populated areas.

    Prince Mohammed has overseen Saudi Arabia’s Yemen war effort, a highly controversial intervention to bolster President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi’s government in the face of an insurgency by Huthi rebels.

    Nearly 10,000 people have since been killed and the country now stands at the brink of famine.

    Jamal Khashoggi-a US resident Prince Mohammed Saudi Arabia Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Secretary of State Mike Pompeo TRUMP US Yemen
    Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    straightnewsng.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ‘‘Chidimma Must Go Campaign’’ South African protesters Renew Afrophobic Attack

    August 21, 2026 --- 5:03 pm

    Nigerian Navy Rescues 22 Sea pirate Victims in Akwa Ibom

    August 19, 2026 --- 9:26 am

    Four Suspects in Akwa Ibom Police Custody for Murder and Kidnapping

    August 18, 2026 --- 5:22 pm

    Comments are closed.

    Search
    Our Picks
    Don't Miss
    Crime

    ‘‘Chidimma Must Go Campaign’’ South African protesters Renew Afrophobic Attack

    By straightnewsng.comAugust 21, 2026 --- 5:03 pm0

    Akakan Umoh Relentless South Africans took to the streets in Cape Town on Wednesday, August…

    FG Donates 27,000 gas cylinders to Akwa Ibom rural women

    August 21, 2026 --- 4:47 pm

    Christ Embassy Unveils Electric Vehicles

    August 21, 2026 --- 4:30 pm

    2027: Gov Adeleke, Davido Diverge over Support for Tinubu  

    August 20, 2026 --- 10:59 pm

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us
    About Us

    The publication is committed to the principles of development journalism. We are prepared to change the public perception that the profession is a harbinger of hate, blackmail, sycophancy, prejudice and falsehood.

    We pledge to use journalism practice to give voice to the voiceless and to give people of all shades of opinions an opportunity to tell their stories.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Recent Posts
    • ‘‘Chidimma Must Go Campaign’’ South African protesters Renew Afrophobic Attack
    • FG Donates 27,000 gas cylinders to Akwa Ibom rural women
    • Christ Embassy Unveils Electric Vehicles
    • 2027: Gov Adeleke, Davido Diverge over Support for Tinubu  
    • Nigerian Navy Rescues 22 Sea pirate Victims in Akwa Ibom
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Advertise With Us
    © 2026 Straightnews Wire Limited

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.