Close Menu
Straightnews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    NMA Directs Work at Some Centres, Gives Two-week Shutdown Notice in Akwa Ibom

    May 18, 2026 --- 2:20 am

    Two more Constituents Depart for China training, Credit to Rep Idem

    May 18, 2026 --- 12:29 am

    Cubana Priest, Rep Mutu serving for 27 years Lose APC Primaries

    May 17, 2026 --- 12:34 am
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NMA Directs Work at Some Centres, Gives Two-week Shutdown Notice in Akwa Ibom
    • Two more Constituents Depart for China training, Credit to Rep Idem
    • Cubana Priest, Rep Mutu serving for 27 years Lose APC Primaries
    • Police Bust Child Trafficking Syndicate and other Crimes in Akwa Ibom
    • Man City Lifts Coveted FA Cup After Pounding Chelsea
    • Veteran Labour Icons Reunite in Uyo, Reliving Brotherhood and Camaraderie    
    • South Easter: Allow sleeping Political Dogs lie
    • Hospital Faults EFCC’s Medical Report
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Straightnews
    • Home
    • About Us
      • About StraightNews
      • Our Philosophy
      • Editorial Board
    • News
      • Nationwide News
      • Community News
      • Regional News
        • North Central
        • North East
        • North West
        • South East
        • South South
        • South West
    • Nigeria
      • Politics
      • Economy
      • Education
      • Security
      • Energy
      • Agriculture
      • Health
      • Labour
      • Environment
      • Technology
      • Real Estate
      • Transportation
      • Judiciary
      • Electricity
    • Foreign
      • Africa
        • West Africa
        • South Africa
        • North Africa
        • East Africa
      • America
      • Asia
      • Europe
    • Social
      • Photo Gallery
      • Entertainment
      • Events
      • Fashion
      • Fitness
      • Short Stories
      • Lifestyle
      • Relationship
      • Travel
      • Specials
        • Personality Interview
        • Special Reports
        • Profile
    • Articles
      • Editorial
      • Opinion
      • Essay
    • Contact Us
    • Sports
    Straightnews
    Home»Roads»Contractors To Resume Work On Calabar-Itu Road – Works Controller
    Roads

    Contractors To Resume Work On Calabar-Itu Road – Works Controller

    straightnewsng.comBy straightnewsng.comJune 29, 2024 --- 9:16 pmNo Comments2 Mins Read
    WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Contractors to resume work on Calabar-Itu Highway - Straightnews
    Contractors to resume work on Calabar-Itu Highway
    Share
    WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Nigerian Federal Government has assured that the contractors handling the dualization of the Calabar-Itu Highway will soon return to site to resume work on the road.

    The road serves as a major link between Akwa Ibom and Cross River States.

    Adebisi Osim, the acting controller of Works in Cross River, said this on Friday in Calabar when she received in her office a political pressure group, the Cross River South Consultative Forum.

    Mrs. Osim said the resumption of work on the highway followed the intervention of the Federal Ministry of Works.

    Also read

    • FG Reiterates Commitment To Completion Of Calabar-Itu Road 
    • Akpabio assures Akwa Ibom, Cross River of adequate provision on roads 
    • Senator Indicts Works Ministry and NDDC on East-West Road Delay 

    She said that the Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, had addressed the issues that had stalled the progress of construction work on the highway.

    The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the contractors, Julius Berger and Sematech, abandoned the site last year.

    Mrs. Osim explained that in the interim, emergency palliative measures were underway to reduce the sufferings of road users on the route.

    “I am glad to announce that Julius Berger and Sematech are returning to the site to resume works at both ends of the Calabar-Itu-Ikot Ekpene Road.

    “The issues that stalled further execution of the contract have been sorted out.

    “Once the rains subside, both contractors will return to the site to commence work simultaneously.

    “This is due to the peculiar priority attention accorded to the project by our boss, the Minister of Works, bolstered by the interest of Governor Bassey Otu, who has waded in to handle the issue of compensation which was a major factor.”

    It would be recalled that the federal government had approved the variation cost of the Calabar-Itu Road from N79.65 billion to N118.4 billion owing to the prevailing cost of materials.

    Mr. Umahi, who made the announcement, said that the decision followed the Federal Executive Council approval of N42.4 billion as variation for the project.

     

     

    Akwa Ibom Calabar-Itu Highway Cross River States Federal Executive Council (FEC) Nigerian Federal Government-FGN
    Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    straightnewsng.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Two Vandals in Akwa Ibom Police Custody over Theft at Accidented Truck

    May 11, 2026 --- 10:20 pm

    Four more Constituents Depart for China Training, Courtesy of ‘China Man’

    May 11, 2026 --- 6:42 pm

    2027 Race: Idem’s Support Hits Peak as Councillors Rally Behind Him

    May 5, 2026 --- 1:13 am

    Comments are closed.

    Search
    Our Picks
    Don't Miss
    Health

    NMA Directs Work at Some Centres, Gives Two-week Shutdown Notice in Akwa Ibom

    By straightnewsng.comMay 18, 2026 --- 2:20 am0

    Aniefiok Christopher’ NMA has given a two-week shutdown notice of health facilities in Akwa Ibom…

    Two more Constituents Depart for China training, Credit to Rep Idem

    May 18, 2026 --- 12:29 am

    Cubana Priest, Rep Mutu serving for 27 years Lose APC Primaries

    May 17, 2026 --- 12:34 am

    Police Bust Child Trafficking Syndicate and other Crimes in Akwa Ibom

    May 16, 2026 --- 11:53 pm

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    About Us
    About Us

    The publication is committed to the principles of development journalism. We are prepared to change the public perception that the profession is a harbinger of hate, blackmail, sycophancy, prejudice and falsehood.

    We pledge to use journalism practice to give voice to the voiceless and to give people of all shades of opinions an opportunity to tell their stories.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Recent Posts
    • NMA Directs Work at Some Centres, Gives Two-week Shutdown Notice in Akwa Ibom
    • Two more Constituents Depart for China training, Credit to Rep Idem
    • Cubana Priest, Rep Mutu serving for 27 years Lose APC Primaries
    • Police Bust Child Trafficking Syndicate and other Crimes in Akwa Ibom
    • Man City Lifts Coveted FA Cup After Pounding Chelsea
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Advertise With Us
    © 2026 Straightnews Wire Limited

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.